• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki 150-130 Magenta overspray Help??

Juan C Torres

Lets print
Hi everyone I am new to the forum. I have an magenta overspray issue with my Mimaki cjv-150-130 . I did multiple nozzle cleanings, cleaned around the head, cap station, did the nozzle wash for hours and tried almost everything I could but it still firing magenta spray over every color contamination them. Attached a few pictures of what is doing plus a nozzle check of the one that look weird. Is the print head damaged ??? I don't know what to do and most of the time I print tiny stickers in big quantities and they look bad with all that overspray. Any help will be tremendously appreciated.

Attachments

• nozzlecheckcjv150.jpg
    nozzlecheckcjv150.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_1529.JPG
    IMG_1529.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 448
  • IMG_1491.JPG
    IMG_1491.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 448

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Based on the shape of the magenta section of the test draw, along with the massive amount of overspray, I would say you have a defective print head. The curvature of the pattern is an indication the head is messed up internally. Have you had any head strikes in the recent past?

Juan C Torres

Lets print
Based on the shape of the magenta section of the test draw, along with the massive amount of overspray, I would say you have a defective print head. The curvature of the pattern is an indication the head is messed up internally. Have you had any head strikes in the recent past?
No that I am aware of. If there was a Head strike it was not in my hands .

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
How long ago did this issue start? Are you the only one using the printer? My experience has been that the type of pattern I'm seeing in the magenta is indicative of internal failure in that channel.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
I had the same issue last week. Replace the print head.
Monty