• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki 2513 or Vanguard VR5D

citygrafx

Hello,
We are looking to purchase a new UV printer. We are currently running an HP Hybrid and we are now looking for a flatbed. Does anyone have any experience with either the Mimaki 2513, 2513ex or Vangaurd VR5D?. Any comments regarding likes or dislikes on either machine, how service has been and overall experience is welcome.

Last edited:

citygrafx

Thank you for your response. We have met Dave Cich and Jim with Vangaurd, both have been wonderful to interact with. We have been looking for a flatbed for about a year now and we keep coming back to Vangaurd or Mimiaki as our top machines due to size, meeting our printing needs and price point. Do you have a Vangaurd? If so, how long have you had your machine and have you had any issues with your machine?

Texastech

If you are going to do a Mimaki definitely go with the ex if you are going to use speciality colors like white and clear due to the third printhead. That extra printhead makes a big different in print time if your going to be pumping out lots of signage. I am a tech with a distributor of wide format printing mimaki, Oki, canon but have no experience with Vanguard.

Superior_Adam

We had a Mimaki and although a great machine it was too slow for us and we had to find something faster as our demand kept increasing. Very easy to run and maintain, and it was very dependable. To print a 4x8 it took almost 17 minutes printing CMYK though so if you have high volume or expect increased demand might want to look at something faster. I am sure some stuff has changed as we had one of the first 9 that came into the states.