• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki 3042 kebab bottle glass

natxo

Hi

we have a mimaki 3042 with the kebab option, we use the machine to print glass bottle, everything worked ok for a month or so but now suddenly the print not adhiere completely to the surface and it begans to peel of.

When the print peels off, you can see something like a dense white liquid over the glass so seems like the ink its not cured enough or something similar, we cleaned the uv lamp glass to see if its helps but nothing, so we had to stop printing on bottles because we can make the print to adhiere.

Anyone has any similar experience with this hardware?

For others kebab users, its true that when you use the kebab the printer will not use the primer cartidge??

Best!

uvgerard

LED UV has limitations

Hi

we have a mimaki 3042 with the kebab option, we use the machine to print glass bottle, everything worked ok for a month or so but now suddenly the print not adhiere completely to the surface and it begans to peel of.

When the print peels off, you can see something like a dense white liquid over the glass so seems like the ink its not cured enough or something similar, we cleaned the uv lamp glass to see if its helps but nothing, so we had to stop printing on bottles because we can make the print to adhiere.

Anyone has any similar experience with this hardware?

For others kebab users, its true that when you use the kebab the printer will not use the primer cartidge??

Best!

Screen printing of glass bottles using UV inks has been around forever. It is a proven technique typically reserved for high volume requirements.

Call me old fashioned but I suspect the problem is the UV dosage. I suspect your Mimaki system uses LED’s as curing source. Despite the sales hype they lack overall power.
LED-UV is without IR and therefore no heat radiation. On the other hand heat increases the reactivity of UV-inks and therefore the curing efficiency. On glass, heat is welcome addition.

If you have access to small UV conveyor place the material under full spectrum UV source (arc lamp). I bet the problem will disappear.