• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki 3042HG black ink in yellow prints

Subaoru

Continuation of my black ink in yellow print issue. (Mimaki 3042HG)

Did a couple more test prints today - here is what I found:
Printed a test square of yellow and black only, only notice the black streaking on the left of the left side squares, most notably at the very begining.

126476386_10158714728809356_1444521810080621221_o.jpg

Printed some plate frames, noticed that even if I printed a yellow rectangle off-site first (to get rid of initial black overspray), the actual print itself would still streak black.
Furthermore, noticed the 16 pass would have about 4x more black streaks than 32 pass. (does this have to do with how often the printer touches the capping station?)

126493222_10158714728999356_3023108348717859465_o.jpg

Things I've changed/tried/tested:
1) new dampers, however damper adapters have not been changed
2) cap top suction has been tested, suction pulls fine
3) YK and ClPr top caps have been swapped to see if it was potential sealing issue, no seeming change in behavior

Other notes:
the black contamination in the yellow on nozzle checks is seemingly random. It will usually always be there, but never on the same nozzles.

Any advice on what it could be, and what I could buy/continue trying would be a great help, thank you!

TD Digital

Is your wiper the blue squeegee style or the grey style? I usually attribute contamination to a poorly performing wiper. If it is a blue wiper the wiper position may be too high and it is smearing the ink across the head. If a grey old style wiper then perhaps the wiper is not square to the head or needs replacement.

Subaoru

Is your wiper the blue squeegee style or the grey style? I usually attribute contamination to a poorly performing wiper. If it is a blue wiper the wiper position may be too high and it is smearing the ink across the head. If a grey old style wiper then perhaps the wiper is not square to the head or needs replacement.
its the grey old style. we swapped it with another we had (not new) and still the same issue. I'll buy new ones and try again.