• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mimaki 3042HG Main PCB Diag-Repair Options

Subaoru

Anyone know/have any leads about the following?

I've called mimaki USA directly and all things point towards a failed Main PCB assembly, so looking at final options:

1) a used (preferably)/new, confirmed working 3042HG Main PCB for sale
2) know of someone who can repair the USB connection (the connector itself seems fine) portion of the main PCB assembly
3) alternative fixes for a 3042HG Main PCB that will not connect.

These are the following things I've tried/noticed so far:

1) swapped USB cables, tried different ones
2) tried different computers, tried uninstall/reinstalling RLP5 IP and a trial version of RL6, printer does not show up in printer management
3) computer does not make USB connected/disconnected noise when unplugging/plugging in (while on)
4) tried rolling back windows updates
5) verified continuity on USB plug on main PCB assembly
6) resistances between ground, Data +, and Data - was at ~54 ohms (that seems really low?)

Any insights, options, alternatives would be greatly appreciated. Printer itself works flawlessly and can still print, clean, data clear, etc.

Subaoru

Is this a first time install or was it working & printing and then just quit ?
just a super random quit after the long labor day weekend. Was printing thursday all day, and now we have this issue on tuesday when we came back after labor day weekend.

Tipgypsy

Look at every possibility before you decide to start pulling boards - The Main board in that machine needs to have the factory settings loaded into the new board to get it to work - You will need a tech to walk you through doing that or do it for you . I could easily have some of this wrong and backwards so dont bet the farm on anything I post .

Last edited:

netsol

if it just stopped working, the usb chip on motherboard is bad

follow the ebay link below, contact. seller>ask seller a question

see if kent from macmedia will repair your board

probably your best bet, saving most of the price of a new board. (new board will be quicker, but you still need to load or transfer settings

you have to balance cost against time and see which has a greater value to your business

of course before sending it out, verify the port is truly bad, plug the usb cable into a laptop the printer has never been connected to. it will give a "ding" sound and trybto load a driver.

if it does nothing, the port id bad. try a different usb cable, of course

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mimaki-JV3...810777?hash=item3b46051d59:g:U18AAOSwxeVeoeqn

Subaoru

if it just stopped working, the usb chip on motherboard is bad

follow the ebay link below, contact. seller>ask seller a question

see if kent from macmedia will repair your board

probably your best bet, saving most of the price of a new board. (new board will be quicker, but you still need to load or transfer settings

you have to balance cost against time and see which has a greater value to your business

of course before sending it out, verify the port is truly bad, plug the usb cable into a laptop the printer has never been connected to. it will give a "ding" sound and trybto load a driver.

if it does nothing, the port id bad. try a different usb cable, of course

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mimaki-JV3...810777?hash=item3b46051d59:g:U18AAOSwxeVeoeqn

This is perfect. Thank you!!!