• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki 6042 MK II Head Temp Control Please wait

Quicksign

Hi,

I hope someone can help

I have had my Mimaki 6042 MK II About 34 months, everything was fine for the first 24 months ( in warranty ), then 3 days after the warranty expired i had a main PSB Go down and need replacing, also a slider board was changed at the same time.
6 months later the keyboard board had to be changed because the printer would not starting up on it's own, now a couple of weeks later i am getting HEAD TEMP CONTROL PLEASE WAIT every time before i need to start printing.
The company i bought he printer from said it was the water pump so i paid for that and they sent one down, i changed that but it's still the same, then they have asked me to drain the water tank and re-fill with the correct 2-1 mix of de- ionised water and anti freeze , which i did,
Still the same message, then they said i should try again and so have drained the tank again and re-filled, still the same message..
I have gone into service menu and Here are the readings i am getting.
Water Heater = 26 degrees
Head 4b = 28 degrees
Head 4a = 27 degrees
Head 3b = 29 degrees
Head 3a = 29 degrees
Head 2b = 29 degrees
Head 2a = 29 degrees
Head 1b = 24 degrees
Head 1a = 70 degrees

Now they are saying Unfortunately it is the print head sending a faulty reading saying it is too hot which then switches off the water pump.
I have asked if this can be fixed and there reply was:-
Unfortunately not, the only thing you can try is re seating the head cable into the board but I doubt this will work.
You will start to get nozzle drop out when the temperature drops unfortunately.

So if anybody out there can give me any advice on this, i would be most grateful.
Also anybody know where i can get a print head at a decent price, if i need to replace it.
I should say that i am based in the UK
Thank you.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't have a ton of experience with that model so take this with a grain of salt but, in my experience when a head has an abnormal temperature like that, it usually means there is a short in the circuit somewhere. I would check the head cables for sure and replace them if they have even a little damage. Other than that hopefully someone can help further!

Quicksign

I don't have a ton of experience with that model so take this with a grain of salt but, in my experience when a head has an abnormal temperature like that, it usually means there is a short in the circuit somewhere. I would check the head cables for sure and replace them if they have even a little damage. Other than that hopefully someone can help further!
Many thanks for your reply,
if Anybody else has experience of this situation and can help, it would be much appreciated.