• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki 64" Printer Model JV3-160SP

Vinh1219

Hello the sales Rep from Fellers looking to sell me a
Mimaki 64" Printer Model JV3-160SP

for $2000.00 and throw in a 64" cutter . Is it worth it ?Just wanted some opinion on this Printer . He said he had a customer who want to sell it . Is that too good to be true ?

eforer

If it works that's a great deal. I still have my JV3 and even with all our great new printers, that sucker still makes me money everyday.

artbot

if you are in the market for a functioning jv3 160sp that is a good price. plus the cutter, it's a steal. just make sure the printer has a good test print. i heard once that the more ink dripped on a jv3 the better. not sure the entire logic pans out, but don't be afraid of a messy jv3. they are waaaaaay overbuilt.

Letterbox Mike

Yup, if it's printing well it's a steal, go for it. If you're able to see it in person as to see it in operation, take some of YOUR own sample files to print, and make sure you see it run a few test draws. If all nozzles are firing and there is no significant nozzle deflection take the deal and don't look back.

Be aware, while they're still workhorses, if it's not printing perfectly, it may not be a good deal, especially if you're not inclined to do your own maintenance. A head for the JV3 will set you back around $1500+ for OEM parts plus installation labor, and it has 4 heads. So if it's in need of one head replacement, the deal's not as good. If it needs 2 or more heads, it's not much of a deal at all.

That said, even though it's an older machine, they were built extremely well and are serious workhorses. You cannot go wrong with one if the price is right and it doesn't need an overhaul.

MikePro

great machine. even if its a lemon, which is doubtful since its a tank, you could easily put some money into it at that price and get it up to snuff.

then again, at that price, i'm curious why he hasn't simply parted it out.