• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki and Oki lack of Ink in Canada

Chad

Way to go Oki even though you signed an agreement in Canada to Mimaki to supply inks You both managed to totally mismanage it to the point of incomptence there is no ink in Canada for the m5 series of inks. With no idea from distributor when there will be.

FrankW

The issue is that due to corona a lot of delivery lines break down. We are Mimaki-Dealer in Germany and have problems with some special inks/ink colours depending on where their origin is. Could be your problem too.

Chad

The issue is that due to corona a lot of delivery lines break down. We are Mimaki-Dealer in Germany and have problems with some special inks/ink colours depending on where their origin is. Could be your problem too.
I was told that in january when oki signed over distribution to mimaki, mimaki only wanted the ink not the parts rights. Don't know if true but was told that it was held up because there is some component of an illegal drug in it ( its in all eco-solvent ink) and mimaki didn't get the proper permit in Canada. They have let it drag on since then. Then found out supplier in canada usually only stock about 30 of each color for all of canada. Total fiasco, some can be blamed on corona but to only stock such a small amount of each color.

player

I was told that in january when oki signed over distribution to mimaki, mimaki only wanted the ink not the parts rights. Don't know if true but was told that it was held up because there is some component of an illegal drug in it ( its in all eco-solvent ink) and mimaki didn't get the proper permit in Canada. They have let it drag on since then. Then found out supplier in canada usually only stock about 30 of each color for all of canada. Total fiasco, some can be blamed on corona but to only stock such a small amount of each color.
Tell me more about the drugs in my ink?

CanuckSigns

I do get a bit woozy in the print room some days ;P

This is a problem with most suppliers in Canada, no one wants to stock anything, even basics are "special order" even inks for our Epson are backordered from Grimco right now.