• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Cannot print "ink"

stxrmxn

So our Mimaki CJV 130 has a habit of displaying 10% ink then dropping to empty in about 3 passes.
Problem is i cant get any ink for 24 hours and the cyan is completely out.
So is there a way to manualy cap the head or does it do this automatically because it knows it is out of ink and of course cannot cycle any through.
My guess is that it is just going to sit there drying up for 24 hours.
I know i should have a spare but it caught me by suprise.
Rolands you can cut the tab off the cartridge in an emergency but alas not with the mimaki.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
If you’re really worried about it just start a nozzle wash, fill the cap with cleaning fluid then set it to whatever timer you want and then just turn the machine off. Leave that there until you get ink.

gabagoo

I'm not sure I understand your problem. Does not your printer have 2 cartridges for each color? When one is empty it moves to the next cartridge and that empty cartridge can be swapped out over time. Maybe your printer is different...but you can put the machine into a nozzle wash and then turn off the main power until new ink arrives. I would also think that the printer probably keeps enough ink in the lines for just this reason so even though it shows empty, there may be enough ink to keep the heads clean for a few days?

stxrmxn

Thats the problem, when it says ink is out that is it i cant do anything regarding capping or nozzle wash the functions are disabled, when i go to "station" it wont let me enter that menu.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thats the problem, when it says ink is out that is it i cant do anything regarding capping or nozzle wash the functions are disabled, when i go to "station" it wont let me enter that menu.

The head should already be capped as it's the default position for the printer when it runs out of ink. Don't worry about it. I've recovered heads that sat for months. 1 day isn't going to hurt.

stxrmxn

Cyan ink came just now.
Heads all dried up.
For people who want to know the same thing.
Mimaki CJV 130
If your ink runs out from what i can gather you cannot do anything with the carriage ie soak the heads and your heads will dry out.
Unless somebody knows a work around if you get caught out.
Maybe i am wrong that is why i asked the question in the first place.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Do a fill up ink or three and make sure there’s no air in the lines. One day with no ink should not cause your head any problems unless it was already having issues.