• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cg-130 fx ii usb cable problems. Please hellpp!!!!

adrian.ldn

Hello,

I am having some problems with the usb cable. Purchased a 10m usb cable due to the reconfiguration of our production hall and it recognizes the plotter(CG-130FX II) but as soon as I send something to plot from Fine Cut 8 for Illustrator the screen freezes and doesn`t plot and says error 6(tried 2 different brands for the cable but same length 10m). If I am plugging in the original cable which is about 3m starts straight away. I have made all the udates up to date...usb driver 3.40, fine cut updates..etc
I think is something to do with the cable length but don`t know for sure.
Please let me know if you had this problem and how to solve it because I need to use a longer cable.
Thanks!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
For that long of a distance you are probably going to need an active USB extension cable instead. Those re-amplify/retransmit the signals for longer distances. Beyond about 15 feet a regular USB cable starts getting pretty severe loss of signal quality. We use this one

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F3U130