• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-130FX communication problem

slopoke

Hello All, I've been reading here for awhile and am hoping the Mimaki guru's here can help me with a problem.

I am trying to migrate my CG-130FX to a newer computer (XP pro, service pack 3) and upgrade to FineCut 7 but am having communication errors. It recognizes the plotter but will not send the information. I have tried both serial and USB1.2 with the same results. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

slopoke

MikePro,

Yep, installed the driver too. I tried it in several different phases: driver only to serial port, driver and USB1.0 to serial port, driver and USB1.0 to USB port, driver and USB1.2 to USB port; all with varying communication errors. The computer recognizes that the hardware is there....it just won't send any data.

MikePro

that blows, ya i'm just on my way out the door and figured I'd just throw that out there... been outside working in 10degree weather allday and I can't think straight right now, but i'll put some thought into a better response after some brainstorming in the hottub.

best of luck :)

slopoke

It has imputs for both. We currently have it set up as serial on the old computer and using either Composer (Omega) or Illustrator 10 with FineCut 4 to plot files with.