• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cg-130FX finecut 8 Problem

SecretHell

"The problem comes when asking the Mimaki to actually plot a file, we then get an error message along the lines of unable to send data to plotter, check communication settings.

I have even tried an earlier version of finecut but have had the same problem.

After trawling the web for answers i came across this site where someone else seems to have had the same problem, and had it solved by another member, the answer seems to be in upgrading the firmware on the plotter from v2.0 to v3.0.

I have tried to contact that member but had no reply.

Does anybody on here know how i can go about performing/obtaining the upgrade as I have searched high and low but to no avail, there is no mention of it on the Mimaki website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated."

found this when searching for a solution to my own problem, i tried the stuff people told this user but nothing came of it. i have the newest driver, i unplugged and plugged back in, my cutter is on "remote" and still a connection error when sending even though my connection test says everything is "correct". please help

SecretHell

Tekkie1, we have already installed that driver, we've had that driver pretty much since its release date as well. any other ideas? i just cant seem to get the thing to work, and im not a very dull person either.

Tekkie1

Tekkie of Many Things
Ok so under start/ control /panel/ system/ device manager /do you see mimaki staus ports listed?
If so good
if no then thats one problem.
What mode is the plotter set to under the menu on the plotter itself?
Try the auto setting and then try the usb as well.
Make sure its not set to serial

On the computer under devices look at the port and it should be usb001 or 002 or mimaki usb try swapping them around and resend.
How long is the usb lead as 5 meters is usually the longest without some sort of boosted cable.
Can u send me a screen shot of the windows screen of the plotter driver under devices and any other screen shots when the problem happens?
Sorry I cant be of any more help as I really need to be there or at least be looking on your computer (which can be done) but try the above first and let me know
Tekkie1:smile:

luis7777

help

hello good I have the same problem as you
as you solved it ?
I can not find any information about it I've only seen a service and maintenance manuals but nothing firmware Might help me?

"The problem comes when asking the Mimaki to actually plot a file, we then get an error message along the lines of unable to send data to plotter, check communication settings.

I have even tried an earlier version of finecut but have had the same problem.

After trawling the web for answers i came across this site where someone else seems to have had the same problem, and had it solved by another member, the answer seems to be in upgrading the firmware on the plotter from v2.0 to v3.0.

I have tried to contact that member but had no reply.

Does anybody on here know how i can go about performing/obtaining the upgrade as I have searched high and low but to no avail, there is no mention of it on the Mimaki website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated."

found this when searching for a solution to my own problem, i tried the stuff people told this user but nothing came of it. i have the newest driver, i unplugged and plugged back in, my cutter is on "remote" and still a connection error when sending even though my connection test says everything is "correct". please help

Airborneltp

i heard something about using a serial port instead of usb. I guess the firmware doesnt work with windows 7 or somthing. Havent had a chance to try it, still looking for other ways.

luis7777

hi

was looking good blissful db5 male usb cable and I found it on ebay or amazon was
but in another forum asking
a technical service and told me to update it by team viewer really do not know if
really do not know if is arranged as did I tell u I put in contact with him
im spanish my english is very bad

luis7777

firmware update okk

the end was that the machine is fully operational firmware upgrade through team viewer
running on windows and mac