• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG 130fx should I buy

S. Sexton

sign shop closed there doors and wants to sell the CG 130FX for $4000. What do you think of this plotter and the price for a used plotter.
Thank you for your comments. now return to your scheduled soap opera Signs101

Steve

CL Graphics

i have one and would rather use my 30" panther. For some reason I cant get the vinyl to weed correctly. It is like it cuts the vinyl but not the adhesive. I have tried blades from 3 different suppliers and have tried setting the tension and depth every which way possible. I have even had a tech out to look at it. The only thing I havent tried is changing the teflon cutting strip. Not to hijack this thread but if anyone else has had this trouble could you please share how you fixed it.

GK

i have one and would rather use my 30" panther. For some reason I cant get the vinyl to weed correctly. It is like it cuts the vinyl but not the adhesive. I have tried blades from 3 different suppliers and have tried setting the tension and depth every which way possible. I have even had a tech out to look at it. The only thing I havent tried is changing the teflon cutting strip. Not to hijack this thread but if anyone else has had this trouble could you please share how you fixed it.

Not sure why you are having this trouble. We have a CG-130FX & and CG-160FX that cut fine. They don't seem to track as well as the Summa's we have when it comes to contour cutting printed graphics, but we don't have this problem. We did replace our motherboard in the 130FX about 6 months ago, it just went dead out of no where on us. We picked the 130FX up at a show brand new with warranty + software for about $5000 @ a show, so I am not sure about buying a used one for that price since it can be had new for another $1000 (and this was almost 2 years ago)

eforer

The only times I have experienced problems like you have described involved cheap ebay blades. With the OE blades I have to say that this plotter has been one of the best investments in my shop. The finecut integration is the best thing going for contour cutting IMO. I just got some clean cut blades and they look great, I'll try them today and let you guys know how they are.

zauliaa

Mimaki CG 160fxii plotter

I have a new business in lettering en signs.
Have any one experience with Mimaki cutting machine OR SUMMA D-140 pharos.

I am not able to decide which one is good.

Help me purchasing the one.

Zauli