• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-130FX Sofware Problems USB

DunnSignsVa

I recently had to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 64bit OS. On Vista the cutter ran fine, now that I have upgraded to Windows 7 64 -I cannot get anything to cut.

I have the Mimaki USB 1.1 Data Port Controller driver installed, when you look at devices and printers its listed as Unspecified and says CG FX

I am using Flexi 8.1

I am honestly about to pull my hair out

Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Pretty much what Jon said..... since you "upgraded" I'm guessing the machine is still using the older Mimaki driver for the cutter which does not and will not ever work on any 64 bit version of Windows. Last December Mimaki did finally release 64bit OS compatable drivers.

http://www.mimaki.co.jp/english/download/uc_download/mimaki_driver_300.php

Try installing the new driver, reboot, check the port in Production Manager and see if it starts working. It's possible you also might have to upgrade Flexi to 8.6.

Edit to add - just realized his post was from over a month ago. He probably figured it out but others might not be aware.