Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki CG-130FX Sofware Problems USB

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by DunnSignsVa, Aug 26, 2010.

1. DunnSignsVa

DunnSignsVa New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    I recently had to upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 64bit OS. On Vista the cutter ran fine, now that I have upgraded to Windows 7 64 -I cannot get anything to cut.

I have the Mimaki USB 1.1 Data Port Controller driver installed, when you look at devices and printers its listed as Unspecified and says CG FX

I am using Flexi 8.1

I am honestly about to pull my hair out

Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:
  2. jon vital

jon vital Member

Sep 29, 2009
    uk
    Did you sort this? I'm guessing it is because there are no 64bit drivers?

3. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Pretty much what Jon said..... since you "upgraded" I'm guessing the machine is still using the older Mimaki driver for the cutter which does not and will not ever work on any 64 bit version of Windows. Last December Mimaki did finally release 64bit OS compatable drivers.

http://www.mimaki.co.jp/english/download/uc_download/mimaki_driver_300.php

Try installing the new driver, reboot, check the port in Production Manager and see if it starts working. It's possible you also might have to upgrade Flexi to 8.6.

Edit to add - just realized his post was from over a month ago. He probably figured it out but others might not be aware.