• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-160fx plotter how do i die cut?

Airborneltp

I am trying to figure out a way to make die cut stickers.... I don't have problem doing "half cut" but I have like 1000 stickers to cut and I want to "perforate" the cut so I can just punch them out... ive seen youtube videos of people doing it but I don't know what to set my stuff up at.

I am using Wasatch ripping software and it doesn't give me options, so I have to do It manually.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You set up the perf cut in the settings on the machine and then just send the job like you normally would from the RIP. Unfortunately I do not have time to explain how to set it up but if you look it up in the user manual, they should have a step by step section on setting it up.

Airborneltp

yea I don't have this plotter though... I have the mimaki cg-160fx so these setting arnte there except for the second pic attachement on that post.. so im still at a lost. I went home and tried it and it droped my cuts out and messed up the paper in the rollers since it was missing material from the cuts.

DirtyD

ok.. so you have the Local screen that you can choose half cut?

I then on to change the actual tool settings and have to hit the right arrow button to cycle through the other options

Airborneltp

ill have to play with it more but it doesn't have a "half cut" setting it says something else... I have no problem cutting out shapes but I want them to be cut all the way through with a bit of perforation so I can punch them out by hand....

ChicagoGraphics

ill have to play with it more but it doesn't have a "half cut" setting it says something else... I have no problem cutting out shapes but I want them to be cut all the way through with a bit of perforation so I can punch them out by hand....

If your cutter is a Mimaki CG-160fx it has the half cut function

Airborneltp

as I said before I can do half cut but it doesn't say halfcut its a different tool..... can someone please help me without stating everything ive already said again.

ChicagoGraphics

The half cut is your die cut function :banghead: LQQK a little harder on your plotter settings on the plotter it's self, half cut is in there.

ChicagoGraphics

This is what you should see on your control panel under functions, use the up or down keys till you reach it

Attachments

• IMAG0533.jpg
    IMAG0533.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 239

Airborneltp

So... yea im dumb and I apologize but it wasn't in my tools. It was disabled in the setup. So last night I ran my stickers and prayed to god my test cuts on some junk paper work.

id say I had about 90% success!

They all were still in the material so I had no issues with the grit rollers. They punched out easily as well.

My only problem at first was I forgot to move the blade forward :banghead: but its fixed now.

Now my circles are die cuts but its not the smoothest cut. It is a little jagged, ill post pics when I get home. Any suggetions?

Airborneltp

I don't think its dull, ill show you a picture when I get home, its almost like its not aligning correctly.... im not sure what offset does but maybe it has something to do with that