• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-FXII and Onyx Cutserver

yannb

Hi,
Is anyone using a Mimaki CG-FX II cutter together with Onyx Cutserver? I've noticed that cutting is not so precise, compared to cutting from Mimaki Finecut or Caldera. The cut path is shifted a little in the horizontal direction.
Onyx support tells me to calibrate the cutter, but if it's working fine from Finecut or Caldera, I don't think the cutter needs to be adjusted.
Using Cutserver 19.0.3.

Regards,
Y.

unclebun

We've been using that combination since we opened 14 years ago. Never had to do anything to get it to cut in the right place. As far as I know there is no calibration utility in CutServer.

yannb

We've been using that combination since we opened 14 years ago. Never had to do anything to get it to cut in the right place. As far as I know there is no calibration utility in CutServer.

Hi, thanks for your reply. The calibration that Onyx support was talking about, is something that needs to be done on the cutter. The cutting error is not much, but on small stickers with a bleed of 1mm, it’s noticeable.