• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG130 FX Sensor

Rising

Morning All

We have the mimaki plotter we bought over 2 years ago. We cut alot of vinyl as usual, we cut also print and cut jobs that are set up exactly the same every job we do.

Problem we are having is inconsistency in the plotters ability to perform the profile cutting. Can anyone shed any light on why sometimes it finds the sensor marks perfect and sometimes it does not?

Thanks

Steve

Vinylman

Steve;
my first guess would be that your setup isn't exactly correct.

The fact that you said you're using this unit for several years indicate that you are familiar with how to set it up.
However, there are two things that I would look at first. First, if you have a source for air, such as one of those pressurized cans for dusting off your computer keyboard, I would dust off the optical reader on the front of the plotter.
Next I would look at how you go about doing your basic alignment when you load a new print and cut project into the plotter.
Personally I love the way the Mimaki plotter helps in this matter using the LED on the plotter head.
Until I learned to use the two front most registration marks as a guide to make sure that I had the sheet loaded correctly and square to the front cutting edge I had many problems.

Once I learned to be careful about the original loading and alignment most of my outline plotting problems were solved.
Occasionally if I forget to mark the lead edge of my printed material I will load the image in backwards and therefore cause registration problems.

One of the tricks that I've learned to do is when setting up your registration marks on your print sheet I add one special mark that indicates the left front corner or beginning point for the plot. This way when I open up the plotting program and look at my image to plot I do not lose track of where my plotting should begin and this has eliminated almost all of my miss alignment problems.

Hope that helps a great day!