• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG160-FX plotting issues

Please help.
When plotting from Fine Cut - plot becomes 'distorted' or 'jaggy', lines are not clean - meaning if I plot text some of the letters do not have straight lines where they are straight..looks like its hand cut by someone without a steady hand :) Does not always happen and is not consistent. I am using the Mimaki brand knife holder and blade is relatively new. Seems as if it may be getting worse over time - just not sure. Just today was plotting and the carriage sounded like it was jumping and sure enough, looked at the plot and now its 'skipping' and not completing paths. When I run the tests all looks good, leading me to believe it's not with the plotter but perhaps Fine Cut???? Has anyone had any experiences like these? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Heather

It could be an encoder issue on the plotter. It's hard to say without actually seeing what you are talking about.

Anyway you could post a short video of the plotter when it's skipping?

A couple of things to try...

Make sure the settings are correct on the plotter. Only because you mention skipping, I'm wondering if you somehow have it in the half cut mode.

What speed are you running it at? You might want to slow it down. If it's an encoder issue, slowing it down isn't going to fix it but it might happen less frequently until you can get it repaired.

Good luck,
Chris