• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help MIMAKI CG160FX CONTOUR CUT

MARAD

Hi my name is Marcin, I'm a new owner of the mimaki plotter, I've had this plotter for over 1 month now and yesterday I started having issues with the contour cut, The plotter detects the trim marks however when it starts cutting it cuts out of line by 10mm each time, I have tried installing the fine cut software onto another computer to see if the settings or proportions have been changed on the normal one however there is still the same problem and each time it cuts its 10mm out of line, so there must be a problem with the plotter, I know how to use rolland cutters and how they work however I'm new to the Mimaki one and not yet confident on how the settings work. I must of clicked the wrong thing and the settings must of changed, If anyone knows how to fix it it would be very helpful. decorationsebay@gmail.com

GB2

Old Member
Good luck trying to understand anything described in the Operation Manual...I just did this to mine and I got it spot-on. I'll try to write out the directions for you.

MikePro

its most likely your target setting.
Function Button > select setup > select mark detect > fiddle with settings

MARAD

thank you for your reply, I done the settings change offset "A" +10 because when you measured the offset its 10mm missing from the cut line, but once I change the parameter +10mm in cutter setting and sending again file to cut I have the message ERR36 MARKdetect.
When I leave all settings for offset cut in 0 mm for A and B offset setting the cutter is detecting the marks fine but still cutting with 10mm in wrong position
, if I was change the offset setting "A" to -10mm or -5mm during the plotting , marks are ok detected but the cutting position was changed more -10 or -5mm

Thank you

MARAD

You need to Correct the light pointer position settings on your cutter. It is described in Operation Manual.
Hi thanks for your help I was use the diagram to setup "Correct the light pointer position settings" but is still the same same 10mm offset

myront

CorelDRAW is best
There are two positions for the blade. Make sure it's in the rear most position unless you are using "half cut"

MARAD

I use the software FINECUT 8 - maybe I was changed something in the software settings.
I have done the missing offset cut in Finecut artwork and was cut properly exactly in the cutting lines this is the my solution for now change offset cut in the software after was printed but just one day a go the plotter was cutting perfectly.

Thank you all your help