• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG160FX over-cut?

Desert_Signs

Our Mimaki does't seem to be cutting right. It seems like it lost it's over cut setting, as in when you run a plot, the cut ends right where it started, making it a little difficult to weed. That tiny little piece of vinyl hangs on for dear life.

I've tried reading the manual, tried scrolling through all the functions, but can't find anything. Is this something that can be changed? Or is this indicative of a blade wearing out?

thanks!

WrapperX

Having just read through the manual myself to try and help this guy - I too can't find anything that talks abou this setting. If you all know how to adjust this, why not just answer the question?

Desert_Signs

Having just read through the manual myself to try and help this guy - I too can't find anything that talks abou this setting. If you all know how to adjust this, why not just answer the question?

I finally figured something out, although it's not technically over-cut. Its a setting called ADJ-PRS OFS. It adjusts the pressure when it makes turns or at the end of a cut. I turned that up to max (7) and that seemed to help. It's not a true overcut, but it does make it easier to weed. Much easier. I went through the manual with a fine tooth comb, tracked down every menu function, and there just isn't anything for overcut. Guess this machine isn't actually capable of doing it.

You can change it in Flexi if that's what you use.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 133

eye4clr

I'd like to see an answer to this question as well.

I've searched the manual several times and see no reference to this adjustment.