• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG160FX trouble

chadalicious

Hey all-

Here's the situation I have been thrown into... I was hired a month-and-a-half ago to run the commercial department at a well-established company. The kid I have taken over for and the previous employees moved the location from one building to another (and in the process either lost or tossed out all sorts of things that seem to be unaccounted for... like Flexi keys, etc.), and then all left the company. This kid was around for a few days, but not much help. I have figured a lot of things out in the past few weeks on my own. One major accomplishment was getting the Gerber Edge FX working after it went un-used for 4-5 years (only took three weeks to figure it out, countless time with tech support on the phone, our IT guy, etc). All this to say, now I am stuck...

Now that the Edge machine is working, and working great, I can't get Omega 2.1 to send anything to my CG-160FX plotter. I know you'd probably say to upgrade my software... we have a couple disks for 2.6, but I don't have a password... and with the current state of the economy, I'm not sure the owner of the company would want to pay almost $600 to upgrade to Omega 4.0. It would be great to be able to have this plotter do contour cuts on things printed on the Edge FX, but as of now, no luck in doing so. Can anybody help me?

thanks.

WrapperX

If you were working with Illustrator and Finecut I'd be of some assistance - but I'm not very familiar with Omega. Sorry

Although, you can try to update your plotter to the current firmware settings. And have the most current CG 160 FX driver installed as well. this won't hurt although I don't know if it will help you with your current dilema.

signswi

You'll have to run GQMgr from the computer the CGFX is connected to, so you might need two dongles if that isn't your art production machine.

Works fine, we do it all the time but it's not my wheelhouse so I can't help much other than to say I know it's possible and you don't need 4.0 (though it's worth the upgrade and $600 isn't all the much out of a yearly software upgrade budget).

chadalicious

You'll have to run GQMgr from the computer the CGFX is connected to, so you might need two dongles if that isn't your art production machine.

It is my production machine. GQMgr runs, it shows the plotter, but it only shows it as idle and can't get any information when I query it. The plotter runs fine out of Corel, so I know it's connected and working... just can't seem to get Omega to communicate with it.