• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV 150-160 Can't Adjust One Pinch Roller

JetPress

When we try to switch to print or cut mode through the printer's interface the printer will adjust all the pinch rollers except for the last one (pinch roller #7). The unit will hover over it and then do nothing which brings up "PR Position Error". We realized that if the pinch roller is on either of the last two grit rollers (farthest two left of the printer) we will get this error.

What's strange is it doesn't matter what type of job we send to it through our Flexi software it won't have any problems adjusting pinch rollers.

So far the only thing I could think of trying was cleaning the encoder strip but it wasn't dirty and it didn't make a difference.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can try running a the GR/PR adjustment. It's in service mode and is the procedure to calibrate the pinch roller position. Unfortunately I can't give out service manuals but you should be able to find it on Google. That will have instructions on how to carry it out.

JetPress

You can try running a the GR/PR adjustment. It's in service mode and is the procedure to calibrate the pinch roller position. Unfortunately I can't give out service manuals but you should be able to find it on Google. That will have instructions on how to carry it out.
Thank you I will try it out and see what happens!