• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV 150-75 HeadStrike?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You have a bad head. Either that whole section has been clogged up with something and apparently will not clear with everything you've done or it is damaged internally. In a previous post, I asked about the black smear at the top of the first test print. See attached... My suspicion is you had a head strike during cleaning and it either damaged the head or drove something into that group of nozzles. It looks like the media was possibly rippled up in that spot and perhaps caused a repeated head strike while doing the cleaning cycle. As it was possibly striking multiple times with ink softening the vinyl between strikes, it possibly drove soften vinyl up into those nozzles.

Attachments

• Lance West nozzle test.jpg
    Lance West nozzle test.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 165

LanceWest

We are figuring it is a bad head. Everything I have tried has been to no avail. The head doesn't pass over any media during a cleaning cycle. The headstrike would have had to have been from the cap top or the wiper. I was able to use the nozzle recovery to turn off a chunk of black so that we can print without the black lines running through everything that uses yellow. This is a very temporary solution but it will allow us to finish a few small orders until the new head get here