• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV 150-75

Paultheprinter

I have a mimaki cjv 150-75.
I have a print cut problem....
I have done a print cut origin adjust test and the print and then cut on that little test is absolutely spot on.

however today I was printing and cutting stickers, it prints fine, picks up the crop marks fine, starts to cut a few of the square shaped stickers for me, and then as it start to cut the ones towards the right in the media it is taking the whole cut line across by 3-4mm.

mad I said earlier the print cut origin adjust test is absolutely perfect, so cannot understand why in a 500mm sticker run it’s starting to cut in the wrong place??
If I had a bleed line on it would be fine, however these square stickers I am trying to cut are a solid black fill, and I am trying to get a 3mm white border around them.

also what’s the best way of putting the media in straight so it doesn’t skew as it’s being fed through!
Somebody pls help Paul

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you ran the origin adjustment, did you use the same exact settings as the file you are trying to print/cut? The color profile, heat settings, and whether you are using crop marks or not is important to be the same as the file you're trying to cut.

Try printing and cutting without crop marks and see if it does any better. If it does, your sensor might be out of position.

Other than that, if you are having skewing issues, that could totally be the problem. There is a mechanism in the back of the machine that puts tension on the vinyl when the pinch rollers are up. Load the material and then go to the front of the machine. Lift the pinch rollers and then grab the very middle of the vinyl and pull it towards you. It should eventually pull back on you and at that point drop the pinch rollers. That will get it in about as straight as is can. When you lower the pinch rollers, the mechanism will release once the printer pulls the media forward.

Now that being said, depending on when your machine was manufactured, that mechanism I spoke about above had two versions. The old version tended to break and would cause the pinch rollers to not lower 100% but enough to trip the pinch roller sensor saying they are down. This made it so the media would skew no matter what you did. If you try to load the media with the method I described above and it doesn't pull back on you, that's probably your issue.