Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Mimaki cjv 30 100 keeps returning to local after printing so wont cut!!

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by anns, Sep 7, 2020.

1. anns

anns New Member

Sep 4, 2019
    west yorkshire
    Hi I have been printing and cutting with my Mimaki cjv 30 100 for 5 years and it has now stopped cutting automatically after printing!!
    it slips into Local mode before cutting ... I have to press Remote to get it to cut

please any help appreciated thank you

Tags:
  2. Daniel Boucher

Daniel Boucher New Member

Aug 13, 2018
    Maine
    I remember that happening to my printer. I think it was like low ink level or ink expiration that got extended. It was awhile ago but maybe you have one of those conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. J W Thoms

J W Thoms New Member

May 10, 2019
    Georgetown, Ontario
    Hi I do not cut on our CJV 30, but ours would do the same thing when printing. It seems to be the chip readers for the ink. The cartridges come out a little through vibration. You have to tap them back in. We took a board about 2" wide x 3/4" and put foam tape on one side. Then we clamped it across all 8 ink cartridges, so that they cannot pop out. It is a bit of a pain when changing ink, but worth it as It does not fall into local.