• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki cjv 30-130 won't start up

kensign

hi i bought a mimaki cjv30-130 old,was working great.cutting ,but not the printing. The print head is dry out. i try long time and finally got some test print out, then i took off the print head and clean it for a long time with pressure and solution and i knew i blown it. I put it back after clean it , right away show up error code 06 and i turn on and off couple of times. Then the machine went into comma, control panel all dead, won't start up, no power up, no boot , no lights on inside the back all the mainboard ,nothing at all . I know i must have some solution or things on the print head board or leaking and blown it because try to many times, but i potect the ribbons and boards from the print head to the slider board, no damage or drippings, no bending, I knew that,But now only the one led light on show red on the slider board, and the button green light on and when press it has sound, so i think the power on, but not the mainboard, anyone know how to slove it, i diconnect the ribbons from the print head to the slider board or from the slider board to the main board, still nothing. will a new print head make it back to life , it has green light on front but thats it. Please help, so much appreciated

thank you

kensign

HI, Thanks for your replying.
ken
I remember when i attached back the head and started , it booted and then immediately threw the error code 06. But only after I turn on and off button a few times, it went into comma except the green button shows green.. I looked for error code , says mainboard or sdram board. Do you know all the fuses location. I see th375 ma , looks nothing burnt, and the slider board has an led light on red. Does it mean my slider board still ok .. or should i think the mainboard no totally that bad .. maybe fuse problem. or the slider board should not be getting any power.... please help. ...Thanks,

Pitzu

The error leads to a defective mainboard, but you can try to disconnect the printer from the main power and turn it back on after aprox. 10 minutes. It's a long shot, but it might work.
Unfortunately I don't have a schematic of the main board to tell you where are the fuses located. Usually there are marked as F1, F2, etc. (some are located in the power supply, some in the heaters board, etc)
The most common fuse is F13 which is for head voltage, you could check it, just to rule it out.
Always unplug the printer from te main power when servicing the printer. I usually try to turn on the printer just to eliminate any remaning electricity.

kensign

HI Everyone,
I tried and tested the fuses (f13, read 0.09).. power board fuses . none of them reading 1. So I assume they are ok. Now I am coming up to buy an mainboard. Who know which one is the correct one to buy and how do i install it, also i didn't back up any parameters, no csv or any other document files to reload or calibrate. Can Anyone suggest me to what to do first, technician ask to buy new mainboard and new sliderboard, new cables. But i don't know if there is other issues existed. Because i saw the code 06 couple times, then i turn on and off, cause it shorted or fire up. the control panel never come back to life,
no led light at all on mainboad or power pc board. except one light on the sliding board..the power still green only

kensign

hi i bought a mimaki cjv30-130 old,was working great for cutting ,but the print head is dry out. i try long time and finally got some test print out, then i took off the print head and clean it for a long time with strong pressure and solution and i knew i fried up the printhead board and even more, mainboard or sliding board. . I put the old leaking print head back after clean it , right away show up error code 06 and i turn the machine on and off couple of times trying as service says. Then the machine went into comma, control panel all dead, won't start up, no power up, no boot , no lights on inside the back all the mainboard ,nothing at all . I know i must have some solution or things on the print head board or leaking and blew it for sure. I knew that,But now only the one led light shows solid red on the slider board, and the button green light on and when press it has sound, so i assume the power board is still ok. , but not the mainboard, or sliding board. I disconnected the ribbons from the print head to the slider board or from the slider board to the main board, still nothing.

I check fuse f13, give reading 0.9. Is it blown? I am not good at electronic. Dont know how to touch and where to touch the tp1-tp4 or others.,but i could read ohms or voltages ,,please show me detail or circle them .

thank you

kensign

Thank You.
I have done all the tps on the mainboard, From tp1 to tp 8.
yet, I got one test print tp3 very low, It's like zero. 0.00. Others are in the range between 17kohm - 18kohms
I haven't done any voltages check on mainboard or others. I believe the power board is still working. It has green on the power button and has click sound. I have found some one else has green on meant poer board is ok. just believe so now..
I don't know where the tp3 leads to , where is the broken part and what to fix,,.
As for the sliding board , it has a red led on when push the power button on the side, no power on the panel,I test all the tp6-tp13. and tp 10 give me reading 1, all others give 17 and under 18. here says 10 m ohm and more is good, less than is bad.
Also test pin CN3-5 to cn3-7, no 8 , over 14 k ohm, except cn3-8 has 3.23, I don't see anything broken by eyes, where should i look for or test. please help.
My f 13 375 mA fuse had reading 0.09 ohm
power board fuse seems not broken,,