• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cjv-30

PhantomNeon

I have a problem with my Mimaki CJV-30, using Flexi as rip software, I start to get too much ink, even if i rasterize and low the resolution or choose another profile, still the ink is to thick ...
somebody know where is the setting to adjust this, or someone experiment the same problem ???
Thanks....
Happy new year....

PhantomNeon

Seems like a profile issue

Everything start after updated to flexi10, seems like I need updtaed my profiles, but in ISA website only have one profile for my printer...

PhantomNeon

Ink issue

I have this problem, this is what going on.
I need order a better monitor, Dell Ultrasharp27", I can't profile this monitor very well, so that must be one reason.
Now when i used profiles that use resolution 720x720 with variablo dot, I can't get the colors that i need, the colors change a lot, but when I choose profiles that use large dot, and 580 x 1280 resolution, I get the color very well, but the ink is to thick, I has been experiment with materials and manipulate profiles, I need to learn about profiles I guess, this color "world" is too complicated, I need to get the right colors, but also I don't want the ink be to thick...
I'll keep playing ...
Thanks any advice.....
I'm using Flexisign pro 10, 10.0.4 ( the last one) since I updated my problems start....

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If you dont have one get an Eye One / i1 Pro. You do not really need the full blown version of it - just the i1 Pro basic package is fine with FlexiSign since Flexi has profile creation built into Production Manager.

Then create your own profiles for the vinyl you use. When doing so you can adjust ink limits, linearization curves, GCR, etc. It will print out charts for you to scan with the i1 device. Very much worth taking the time to do and color that is orders of magnitude better than stock profiles.

We also print pantone charts (cut into 15 10x14 pages of about 1.15 x .85 inch blocks) using our own profiles for color matching which is very helpful. These we print as a larger sheet, let dry fully, then laminate. Really only have about 4 sets for different media/laminate combinations and realistically use just a couple of profiles the most but have made about a dozen profiles overall.