Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help mimaki cjv150-160 majenta dusting

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by marioagius, Jun 28, 2020.

1. marioagius

marioagius New Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Malta
    hi, having this issue with magenta dusting, started a month ago and is increasing. Never had this problem last 2/3 years. Done a 99min head wash following 2 soft cleans. Had few minimal hit strikes to media, but never to head. Never adjusted head low or high, never done any changes, so what it could be? Is it a head failure?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I have no idea if this will help, but I had a problem with all my colours having what looked like an over spray and went through everything to try and fix it. In the end it was a build up of debris being dragged across the freshly printed graphics. On the right side of the carriage underneath there are these 3 black plastic tabs that hang down. I found what can only be described as a large lint ball stuck to one. Problem solved.

3. Mimaki repair up north

Mimaki repair up north New Member

Jun 19, 2020
    Newcastle upon tyne
    100% head failure unfortunately

4. Mimaki repair up north

Jun 19, 2020
    Newcastle upon tyne
    Damage to nozzle surface, possible head strike on media

5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I have to agree with above. The head surface looks like it has dragged across media a bunch of times, has one fairly large scratch along the whole surface, and it looks like the wiper isn't doing a great job at cleaning the surface.

6. L.D

L.D Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Atlanta
    Head surface looks horrible but you do have most of your nozzles on your test print. Try lowering the carriage to the low position and then re-run drop.pos. Then run a file using un-directional. Let us know what that looks like!

7. Mimaki repair up north

Jun 19, 2020
    Newcastle upon tyne
    Might look slightly better but still going to get overspray on magenta and banding in the print. If you want it looking perfect it’s a new print head.