• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150-75

LanceWest

Hello everybody.

I am having ass issue with our mimaki. When I try to cut wide batches of art I am finding different cut accuracy across the plate. for instance, If I cut 6 items, across a 30" wide piece of printable htv, the items closest to the home position (right) are fairly accurate when compared to the print. On the other end (left) the cuts are offset by nearly 1/10th of an inch. So all 6 of the items look different compared to each other.

I have ran a P/C Origin test and alignment to no avail. Any ideas on what other settings it could be?

LanceWest

Here you can see the print furthest to the right. It was out of alignment a little bit but not horribly.
20200901_093311.jpg
The second image is of the print the furthest to the left. It is way out of alignment.
20200901_093315.jpg
This issue happens along the x-axis. Nothing makes sense to what the problem is. It is like the cut line is scaled slightly on the x-axis.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You need to run the Scale Adjustment. It should be in the adjustment menu. It runs automatically so you just have to wait for it to finish. If you have a manual, it's on page 101 if you need to look at the instructions. It's pretty straight forward though.

Edit: I just saw the second post that the alignment is off in the X direction (vertical for Mimaki printers). In that case it could be skewing material. Make sure the material is loaded perfectly straight and that the pinch rollers are evenly spaced. You might try upping the roller pressure during cutting as well.