• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki CJV150 epl3 change

probull

Hi group.
for one customer, the computer connected to the Mimaki CJV150 burned down, the computer was repaired, but the printer stopped communicating.
The USB port not comunicate on another computer either. The dealer diagnosed the EPL3 board as defective and needed to be replaced. The old board looks fine, all the diodes are lit, the transistors are not damaged.
My question... can be the boards just swapped or do you also need to transfer some setup from the firmware?

Ps: Old board try comunicate on my pc only with file setup, usb is not show.

Thank you.

Attachments

• stažený soubor (1).jpeg
    stažený soubor (1).jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 39
  • ping mimaki.jpeg
    ping mimaki.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
If the board won't communicate, replacing the EPL3 is the recommendation. If swapping the board to a used printer of another model, it will need to be loaded with a generic firmware, moved to the printer to be repaired, and then have the parameters and model specific firmware transferred to it. If using a used board from the same model of printer, parameters will need to be loaded for that exact printer. If you are lucky, you will have a backup of the parameters, otherwise they will have to get factory parameters from Mimaki and then tune the printer from those.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just to be sure, did you install the Mimaki USB driver on the new computer and the one you tested it on? That step tends to be forgotten in the install process from my experience. Without it, even having Rasterlink installed won't see the USB port.

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Also, having your printer output type set to File means it just pretends the printer is there and generates print files. Needs to be USB or ethernet to actually do anything.

probull

Hi, thanks for your reply. We already fixed it with the latest FWUpdateTool3 3.3. It can communicate with via network cable, usb is definitely dead. I only had 2.6 and it couldn't be done with it. So I then continued as Smoke_Jaguar wrote.

Thanks for the info guys.

Attachments

• Obrázek WhatsApp, 2024-10-01 v 14.31.55_3276412e.jpg
    Obrázek WhatsApp, 2024-10-01 v 14.31.55_3276412e.jpg
    543.2 KB · Views: 10