• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150 Ink setup

Smkmit22

Hi,

Noob question:

How hard is it to change the CJV150 Ink setup? If it is possible?

If a printer is set to CMYK, would it be possible to change it to CMYK +LC-LM-O-LK ?

Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It requires a complete ink system flush and then you just need to re-route the ink lines behind the cartridges for the 8 color setup, change a couple parameters to tell the printer it's new ink setup, and then fill it up. Since you're not using white or metallic, the odds of it succeeding without loosing nozzles on the head are much higher.

John Miller

My CJV150 has that ink set-up. It's a two edged blade. Much better ability to match colors/considerably slower printing. Considering that we're not a mass production shop, the greater color gambit for us is a plus. Consider print speed vs better color matching before doing the switch.

Smkmit22

It requires a complete ink system flush and then you just need to re-route the ink lines behind the cartridges for the 8 color setup, change a couple parameters to tell the printer it's new ink setup, and then fill it up. Since you're not using white or metallic, the odds of it succeeding without loosing nozzles on the head are much higher.

Thanks, i checked the manual, but i can't find any info on this. The flushing sounds doable. Do i need to search for a cleaning cartridge? Or, can this be done using a shringe? Re-routing the ink-lines soudn a bit trickier. I have never done this before.
My CJV150 has that ink set-up. It's a two edged blade. Much better ability to match colors/considerably slower printing. Considering that we're not a mass production shop, the greater color gambit for us is a plus. Consider print speed vs better color matching before doing the switch.

Same, small shop as well. I prefer better color matching over speed. I hope it doesn't get to slow though.