• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150 mottled print and fuzzy test print

extrachewy2003

I have noticed the print quality of the Mimaki has gone really mottled and the test print doesn't seem as crisp as it use to. The black seems to seep into the yellow.

Ignore the smudge the material wasn't very flat.

Using corel draw to Rastelink
have played around with the heat settings going from 30-50 degrees
slowed the print down to normal
resolution changes
recalibrated spray and alignment

I am using Jetbest ink cartridges for a year now. The temp of the room can get around 14 deg if that has any effect to the ink?

Any help would be appreciated. I have scoured the internet to no avail. Thanks.
20201129_143449.jpg 20201129_185125.jpg

7_nebo_7

Are you printing in uni or bidir? Try to switch in unidirectional if result much better in unidir then recalibrate your bidir or check the carriage height could be too high.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It looks like either the heaters are off or the profile is laying down too much ink. Not a bad idea to check your alignments as well.

extrachewy2003

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Heaters are on as I have tested them from 30-50 deg C
I recalibrated the print (drop pos correct) and media comp
Adjusted the height of the head to lowest position
Not tried uni direct but I have always printed in bi direction and never had mottled print
default speed is usually fast but I have slowed it down to normal and it is sloooow so if I make it unidirectional too its gonna be even more sloooooooow

Media is new gloss vinyl and matt vinyl (poli-tape)

It baffles me as I think I have tried everything except change the ink.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you are talking 14 degrees F then that is going to affect the ink and the way it comes out of the head. I'm willing to bet that's the issue. Humidity is probably low as well. With all else working properly, that's really all that's left.

DougWestwood

Once in a while, I have come across one roll of material here and there, that has a layer of dust on it, thru the entire roll.
So Jim Hancock is on the right track, imho.

PJ758

I'm having the same issue printing on high speed since i switch so jetbest with the refill bottles on top i realized it's laying down more ink than running regular cartridges, not sure if I'm wrong did you get it working better, any ideas anyone

gabagoo

check the far right side of the print head...there are 3 black pieces of plastic that hang down and can catch lint and other stuff usually after a banner run. It collects on those and hangs low enough to rub the print

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
This is usually temperature. Either too hot or not hot enough. The pre heat and print temps are what you need to adjust.

extrachewy2003

The only way I could improve it is to slow the print down - normal speed and keeping the number of passes at 14.

On a side note does the higher heat keep the roll flat/smoother? As sometimes the roll is more warped at 35 deg C pre and 35 deg C print so I drop them both to 30 deg C and the media doesn't warp as much. Maybe its the moisture in the media? Thanks.