• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150 print issue

Aver

Hello,
We have this print issue.please see attached file.
What problem should be?
Is the head or can be something different?

Attachments

• 5B854664-F36C-46D7-88E1-24686AA949DD.jpeg
    5B854664-F36C-46D7-88E1-24686AA949DD.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 223

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
If you are meaning the graininess in the black numbers, it looks like your heat may be too high, causing the media to ripple. This causes a bi-directional misalignment where the media has rippled. To test this, run the file in Unidirection and see if the problem is gone. Also skim the surface of the media with a flashlight at the current heat settings and see if you see this rippling.

Aver

If you are meaning the graininess in the black numbers, it looks like your heat may be too high, causing the media to ripple. This causes a bi-directional misalignment where the media has rippled. To test this, run the file in Unidirection and see if the problem is gone. Also skim the surface of the media with a flashlight at the current heat settings and see if you see this rippling.

thanks for the answer.
We use the same heat and material from 5 years. Also we have tried uni-diretional but we have the same problem.
See this print of today. i have done a test print as soon as the print was finished:

Attachments

• mimaki-2.jpg
    mimaki-2.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 147
  • mimaki-1.jpg
    mimaki-1.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It could be a damper issue. If they haven't been changed in the last year or two I would change them just to be sure. Also, make sure your platen is nice and clean. If there's adhesive build up it can cause the vinyl to get stuck temporarily which buckles it and causes issues like this.