• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150 - Won't cut properly

Alex Stevenson

Hi, I'm having a problem with our CJV150 when it is cutting rectangular labels, it doesn't appear to be cutting through the vinyl properly and is always attached in the corner where the cuttng blade initally starts. I've installed a new blade and cutting rubber but it's still the same, it's like there's not enough pressure on the blade to cut through the deep enough. Any ideas?
Thank you.

I would try to set the blade deeper in the holder, once i use more than 30g of pressure i typically adjust the depthe on the blade holder.

also try the PC or TP adjustment to mitigate the corner issue, if you cant find those adjustments or dont feel comfortable doing them you can always compensate for this in your art.

Alex Stevenson

I would try to set the blade deeper in the holder, once i use more than 30g of pressure i typically adjust the depthe on the blade holder.

also try the PC or TP adjustment to mitigate the corner issue, if you cant find those adjustments or dont feel comfortable doing them you can always compensate for this in your art.

THanks Dusty, I've adjusted the blade depth and that's made it much better, I'll have to tweak it a bit but it's a lot better now. Thank you so much. Out of interest, how do I amend the TP adjustment? When you say PC, I presume you mean the computer as well? Sorry, bit of a noob to this!

THanks Dusty, I've adjusted the blade depth and that's made it much better, I'll have to tweak it a bit but it's a lot better now. Thank you so much. Out of interest, how do I amend the TP adjustment? When you say PC, I presume you mean the computer as well? Sorry, bit of a noob to this!

No problem, refer to the operation manual for adjusting "PC (Print Cut)" and "TP (Target Point)"

If you use genuine mimaki 30 degree offset tangential blades (SPB-0030) you should be able to cut and perf cut or "half cut most materials with the blade sticking out half the thickness of a credit card.

while uncommon you could also check the inside of the blade holder for debris or adhesive residue, the blade is tangential so if its pivot is restricted it may not finish a small cut as accurately

HaleYeah

Sounds more like an "OFFSET" setting needs to be changed. Just experiment with the offset until you get it to close.

L.D

Along with everything said above you may want to make sure the “OverCut” function is turned on. (0.03 or 0.07) That should help with your “Attached in the corner” issue.