• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MIMAKI CJV30-100 - Completly clogged in 1h15 ?!?

Pico11

Hi everyone!

I had a lil trouble last week with my mimaki cjv30-100 and i still can't figure out what's going out exactly... and since my official Mimaki technician is away for a couple of weeks, i'm in the dark... If anyone could lend my a hand on this one, it would prevent my head to turn bald! ^ ^,

I explain quick:

Last week, i did my test print just before starting a new job (not even a line was missing) and i started to print just before going out for lunch. When I came back, something went really bad... The vinyl ''flipped'' and tore on the right side and the printer continued to print, but on the heat transferable side of the vinyl... When i saw that at my return, i immediatly stopped the job, cancelled it, took away the vinyl and did a manual clean up arround the head to take away the mess it did, without any idea that it would turn out that bad... I did a new test print, and here is the result i got:

After the bad luck:

First test (approx. 1h15 before):

The vinyl mess:

So, as the good n00bie that i am, i did a clean up in normal mode, didn't solved anything. So i took the pdf file for mimaki, read and did most of the tricks they tells about nozzles clogging (fill up tons of time, discharge and wash twice, a couple of cleaning easy, normal and hard) absolutly notting solved it. I finished my day totally clueless and let the mimaki sleep unplugged dipping in a nozzle wash... The next morning, i did a quick test print, i got a few of the yellow lines back, but after a normal clean, pop! all gone! no more yellow and some more magenta also left! :omg:

Finally my technician called me from his vacancy, and made me check out the dampers, wich was like 1/2 empty. I filled it up manually by sticking the valves open, pressing the membrane button, holding the dampers upside down till it's 2/3 full, color by color... One of the cyan row fixed, but still tons of lines missing... Since then, i spin in round, clueless... Tryed desesperatly some cleanings, nozzle wash, fill up, i even left the head dip in the cleaning solution for the entire weekend to see if there is any improvement... notthing at all! :frustrated:
Now my dead lines jobs are getting closer and i feel there is just notthing i can do... :covereyes:

Anyone can help me? Any idea of what i should look for would be really appreciated....

Desesperatly,
Pico

mustafade

When you took the dampers out did you check to see if the colors in the dampers looked ok? What I mean by that is there isn't black color mixed in which is cleaning fluid in magenta, cyan or yellow. Right?

mustafade

Also, like Robert M is suggesting, may be when the vinyl got flipped, it picked up some adhesive particles and those particles attracted some other debris's and causing a clog some sort.

dukeboy86

Have you tried taking the dampers apart and see if you can get solvent through each and every one of the nozzle lines with a syringe? When you do this if you apply enough pressure(not too much though) you should see like a curtain with a stream of solvent and see if every nozzle from every line is ok or some are clogged.

If the nozzles are ok, then you should check if the cap is properly adjusted towards the printhead so that the suction is correct.