• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-100 inacurate feed length of print and cutting jobs

joeks

Hi,

I have a problem with my Mimaki CJV30-100.
Want to cut squares of regular white sticker vinyl, size 199 x 199 mm.
The easiest and quickest way to my knowledge is to draw that square in Illustrator and using the Fine Cut plugin to send it to the printer to cut. Works, but the final size of the cut squares is 199 x 197 mm.
2 mm short in height (feed direction).

Then I thought, ok. Maybe Fine Cut is not that accurate. I could send the job to Rasterlink 6 first, have it print crop marks and then cut.
But still 197 mm in height instead of 199 mm :(

I just checked another print that should be sized 199 mm tall but that is also 2 mm short.

Is there a setting on the machine to compensate feed "length" or something?

Thanks in advance!

Barry

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The adjustment you are looking for is called, "500mm Square". It's in the service mode [HASHTAG]#Adjust[/HASHTAG] menu. You can get into service mode by holding remote and function while powering on. It will cut a 500mm square, you measure the x axis line in mm, and then take what you measured and subtract 500mm. That number is the value you enter in to adjust the feed.

joeks

Thanks a lot! I will check it out first thing in the morning. Really hope I am able to fix it and have the machine print and cut accurate again.

I will let you know.

Barry

The adjustment you are looking for is called, "500mm Square". It's in the service mode [HASHTAG]#Adjust[/HASHTAG] menu. You can get into service mode by holding remote and function while powering on. It will cut a 500mm square, you measure the x axis line in mm, and then take what you measured and subtract 500mm. That number is the value you enter in to adjust the feed.