• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-100 or Roland Versacamm SPI540?

mkubiniok

Hi,

greetings from Germany. I have a question and hope that you can help me in my decission. I want to by my first Solvent printer, until now I have a Canon IPf 5100 17" printer. We use the machine inhouse, we sell special items and we offer an invidivual print for our customers. Most times I must print banners in the size 150 x 40cm.

So, I am thinking to buy a Mimaki CJV30-100 or a Roland Versacamm SPI 540.

Until my, I think these pro's and contra's are fact:

Pro Mimaki:
Better Solvent ink

Pro Roland:
The included Software Versaworks is better
Service and Support are maybe better

At the moment, I think that the Mimaki is the better choice, I want to use it in 2 x CYMK mode, white and silver are not interesting for me. I must print on self adhesive vinyl.

My plans are to work with Illustrator, I have heared that it is easier to make cut contours with Versaworks, but I have always the same sizes to cut, so I think that I can make a cut template by myself that works in Illustrator.

I have heared from guys, working in the promotion sector, that the Mimaki is more a "working machine".

Can you tell me which machine you would recommend? Dealer often want to offer me the Roland, I don't know why, do they maybe have more profit with this machine?

Robert M

Auto take up

Mimaki has an auto take up, does the Roland
The Mimaki RIP and their cutting software are not bad, Does the Roland come with a vinyl cutting software?

booshworks

Love my CJV -- colors out of Corel and Adobe products are really accurate, cutti is a breeze and maintenance is easy. We only do small items, but it's fast enough and profitable from day one.

I really like FineCut for Corel -- it makes designing to printing to cutting a very simple process. We have an old laptop as our print server, and every workstation in the shop outputs right from Corel to a hot folder and the job gets going.

I'm going to buy a second CJV for wraps in a few months with the profits from our tiny 60mm model (24").

mkubiniok

Yesterday i decided to buy the Mimaki. I think it has more pro's than the Roland. Next week it will be delivered and i will check Fine Cut. The Dealer has also recommended Signlab to me. Does anyone work with it?

Neil

Yesterday i decided to buy the Mimaki. I think it has more pro's than the Roland. Next week it will be delivered and i will check Fine Cut. The Dealer has also recommended Signlab to me. Does anyone work with it?

I have a CJV which I use Signlab for all the printing and cutting.
Feel free to PM me with any questions once you get it.

FWIW, I would have thought the CJV30-130 would be a better option than the 100. Most stock rolls are 1370 wide, and I would be lost if I couldn't print wider than 1220mm to cover most substrates...

mkubiniok

The last 4 weeks I habe thought about the right size and model. I always habe to print 2 x 150cm length x 40cm width. The cjv in 130 is approx 4500 Euro more expensive. And here in Germany i get my favorite foil also in 100cm width. I do not make stickers in small and different sizes for other companies. It's always the same size. So i have calculated everything, machine and future cost and I think that the cjv in 100 is the best solution for me.