• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130 blue banding

4StarLettering

I have a banding issue with blue gradients (white to medium blue fade), it does it toward the middle of the gradient only, almost a magenta tone. I have noticed this slightly before, but never to this degree and it always went away by just reprinting a new print. My test print is all good except the black channel which is missing a few nozzles. I ordered the parts they should be here in a few days, I am hoping its the pump, cap or ink valves up near the ink sets. Could the missing black nozzles be causing this or is it two separate issues?

any thoughts on if this is a software issue or a printer issue? I have tried from two different rips while the banding isn't the same it is still there.

Attachments

• IMG_3446.jpg
    IMG_3446.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 207

ChrisMartin

Possible Fix?

I just had an issue very similar to this with my Mimaki CJV30-130. I adjusted the media comp length and that fixed it. I didn't notice the banding on the banner material I had previously printed on, but noticed it when I switched materials.

Here is a link to a video that explains what to do. Perhaps this will help your problem?

[video=youtube;9QDgbL60PdY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QDgbL60PdY[/video]

did you find a solution to this?

I have a banding issue with blue gradients (white to medium blue fade), it does it toward the middle of the gradient only, almost a magenta tone. I have noticed this slightly before, but never to this degree and it always went away by just reprinting a new print. My test print is all good except the black channel which is missing a few nozzles. I ordered the parts they should be here in a few days, I am hoping its the pump, cap or ink valves up near the ink sets. Could the missing black nozzles be causing this or is it two separate issues?

any thoughts on if this is a software issue or a printer issue? I have tried from two different rips while the banding isn't the same it is still there.