• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130 cutting off by 2mm

Inkslingers

Anyone know how I can adjust this? This is extremely frustrating especially with circular decals. Laser seems to detect crop marks dead-on.

Thanks,
Inkslinger

JonMiller

Did you ever find the problem?

I am new to all of this and have just recently purchased a CJV30. Just cutting some decals and it seems to be cutting the cutline about 0.5-1mm offset to the right.

Any help appreciated.

Jon

Jim Doggett

Anyone know how I can adjust this? This is extremely frustrating especially with circular decals. Laser seems to detect crop marks dead-on.

Thanks,
Inkslinger

I'm guessing it's a calibration issue (the precise distance, X and Y, between the blade and the laser scanning gizmo, aka sensor :^)

I'm not sure how the routine works with a Mimaki to calibrate the sensor, but Mimaki, your dealer or your manual should be able to advise how to do it.

Just guessing ....

PDD

cutting off

In the cutter manual there is a process to do a sheet calibration that calibrates x and y distances to make sure cutting is on perfection. I would try that before going any further. Unfortunately the 'english' in this section is not great and it does make reading this section a bit difficult in my opinion. -Brent

Neil

Something to be wary of with the CJV when you are doing a print & cut:- if you alter the cut (tool) pressure on the fly it will shift the cutter head slightly, resulting in the subsequent cut line being 1-2mm out.
It's an annoying bug.

Always adjust the tool pressure before scanning reg marks, and if you still need to adjust the pressure, you'll need to then re-set the origin and re-scan the marks.

Apart from that, dig through the manual and work out how to calibrate it.

Check that you have latest firmware. Don't ask me where or how, but if you find out let me know!

I had the same problem with my CJV30-160 my dealer did something while I was not here but it corrected it. But now I have an issue where the start and stop of connecting cuts dont match up. It is just slight but makes weeding small text a real pain in the rear. I am told I need to do a Cutter/Pen Landing adjustment. But I am the manual (service) does not explain how to make the proper adjustments.