Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Mimaki Cjv30-130 error code, and a little help

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by RottenWraps, May 11, 2018.

1. RottenWraps

RottenWraps New Member

May 9, 2018
    Georgia
    I was recently offered this machine for 100 bucks if i would just come pick it up, it is remarkable clean and
    the guy who owned it is a friend who is moving out of state and only had room to pack his 2 roland machines so his loss my gain right..

now the iffy bit, the machine boots up with an error code 205 47v head voltage issues, and while ive read most the threads on here im not sure if anyone has definitively found the cause. Can anyone one point me in the right direction as to where i should be looking. As this is my first personal owned printer ( ive worked as graphic designer and in some print shops for a bit , but never owned my own ) a little further in detail information may be needed. Thanks in advance

Secondly, would it hurt the machine to stand it vertically for just a few seconds to get it into the room in which id like to permanently place it ?

Thanks!!

2. VanderJ

VanderJ Merchant Member - Printer Parts and Sevice

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Error 205 means fuse 13 on the main board is blown or there is a short in the system which is usually in the print head cable or the print head itself. It could also mean someone tried to install a non-oem head. I would check the fuse and cables first.

Also, you can tip the machine just make sure the head is locked down and don't hold it there for too long.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RottenWraps

RottenWraps New Member

May 9, 2018
    Georgia

Thanks for the info.
    Do you happen to have a link for a good site to purchase parts? Im obliviously going to start with fuse, cable.. before moving on to the head . Although the head is probably shot as well being as it has sat from going on three weeks now.
    o_O

4. VanderJ

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Check out my signature below. The fuse you need is the 375mA one.

5. RottenWraps

RottenWraps New Member

May 9, 2018
    Georgia
    I actually clicked the link moments after sending that replay ha, So if I need a bit of help could give you a call ?

6. VanderJ

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    That's what we do!

• Like Like x 1
  7. RottenWraps

RottenWraps New Member

May 9, 2018
    Georgia
    ok fuse 13 has been changed, with out any result. I plan giving you guys a call tomorrow afternoon.
    is there anyway to test if its the head cable in the mean time.. ?

8. RottenWraps

RottenWraps New Member

May 9, 2018
    Georgia
    If i call you guys, who do i ask to speak to?

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  9. RottenWraps

RottenWraps New Member

May 9, 2018
    Georgia
    What do you think would have caused this ?

Attached Files:

10. VanderJ

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    The older the machine is the more ink builds up around the head which can cause that. Also if someone was working on the dampers and dripped ink there that would be my guess. It definitely needs to be replaced as that is causing your original issue for sure.

Also, you can call and talk to anyone here. We have tech experience.

11. RottenWraps

RottenWraps New Member

May 9, 2018
    Georgia
    Noted! so in the future, make sure to defiantly do not drip any ink from the dampers anywhere near the cables. Question is do you think that it also ruined the place on the " head board" where the cable plugs in ?

12. VanderJ

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    It's possible but you can usually clean it with alcohol. I would take a good look at it for sure and clean as necessary.

13. RottenWraps

RottenWraps New Member

May 9, 2018
    Georgia
    So I should just take a a little rubbing alcohol on a qtip and wipe as much as i can then , maybe use some compressed air to help the remaining alcohol dry?

14. VanderJ

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Exactly.

15. RottenWraps

RottenWraps New Member

May 9, 2018
    Georgia

Update time ;

Good news:
    No more error code, machine boots up and runs through the motions normally, or as far as i can tell.

bad news:
    Test print is almost non extant, ill post an image.
    seems as if no ink is coming to the head when i do an ink fill
    I have also done a all night nozzle soak, and many many many cleanings etc.

also there is a image of print i sent from rasterlink just to see if the machine printed from the computer correctly

also Vander i called the number from your site, and it says the number is disconnected ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  16. VanderJ

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    The number should work I have been taking calls all morning. Now that the electrical issues have been resolved it looks like you have ink flow issues. I hate to say it but the head is most likely clogged beyond repair but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to recover it. Make sure there is ink in the dampers first. If there isn't, use a syringe to bring ink into them. The circle area should be about half full but is sometimes a little lower and that is fine. You will have to open the valves on the back of the cartridges to do this by the way. I usually just tape them open but you can also open them through the service "#test" menu. Once there is ink in all the dampers try to do a hard cleaning and see if ink make it through the head. If not, I would replace the cap top and make sure the pump isn't clogged. Then try hard cleaning again and if it doesn't work, it will be time to try and flush the head manually with a syringe and cleaning solution. That's your last resort and if it doesn't work, it's time for a new head.

17. RottenWraps

RottenWraps New Member

May 9, 2018
    Georgia

ok lets start from 1:
    after ive opened up the ink valves

disconnect the dampeners from the head and where will i connect the syringe to it ?

18. VanderJ

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    The bottom of the damper where it normally attaches to the head.

19. RottenWraps

RottenWraps New Member

May 9, 2018
    Georgia
    UPDATE!!!

through some head ache, I pulled ink to the dampeners, then while the machine was running a ink fill i pressed the sides of the dampeners gently and this is now my test print! we are getting close! If i could only get the black to come back !

Attached Files: