• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130 lamination and cutting

RL67POLO

I've been having issues with a few prints 12-20ft whenever I take media out to laminate and send back to cut . Anything under that size (ie: 4,6,8) is always good to go but I cant even get the light to check the back 2 registration marks so far.. We're using Illustrator/Corel with rasterlink finecut as the rip

Registration marks I've thickened up quite a bit as Ive read should help.. Any ideas? Would really appreciate the help

Esmae

but I cant even get the light to check the back 2 registration marks so far.

Do you mean it won't go back that far to check?

I've had this issue before with my cutter. Just stretch your cutfile lengthways (the whole cutfile not just the reg marks) give it an extra 100mm or so and it should then go all the way and pick them up. It will still cut the file correctly as the software adjusts the file according to the reg marks.

If this doesn't work you can use multiple reg marks for the same file, they'll have to overlap and you will need to trim/break your vectors

31legen

Hitting registration marks?

I've had a similar issue. Try holding the left media holder in place up against the media when it goes and searches for the far left reg. mark. It has worked for me many times.