• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130 Mark Detect

foremost

Hi All!

We recently purchased a CJV30 back before Christmas. We have a Intermidate problem that has now become a permanent problem with the mark detection on the printer. We send all print and cut files from Cored Draw via RasterLink 5G. The printer is set to find the first mark with no problems in local mode. Then in remote and cut only is pressed it finds the first two marks (at the front) with no problem and then falls short on the rear marks by about 2 inches. Doing this on a couple of different files as well.

The print is just short of 2m’s long. Wheels set to medium pressure to match print settings. Even tried the feet on higher settings as well.

Just wondered if there was anyone out there that could help or had this problem. Many thanks .

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure you use the recommended crop mark size when creating the crop marks in FineCut. The longer the print, the bigger the marks need to be. Also, make sure the pinch rollers are down all the way. A lot of the time the tension mechanism in the back fails and that makes it so the rollers don't go down all the way which causes skewing. If you are off by 2" that would be my guess as to what's going on. Take a picture of the back of your machine, specifically the left side where you load the material. I will be able to tell if something is out of wack.

foremost

Thanks for your reply. Yes we always use the recommended crop mark size etc... Photo attached of the rear. The vinyl goes through perfectly straight as we set this up spot on. Just falls short of finding the rear markers by 2" - 4" every time.

We done another cut run Friday, 4 files. All approx 500mm long. 2 worked, 2 didn't.

IMG_7271.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7272.jpg
    IMG_7272.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 316

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks! Take a picture of the area right below the handle on the left of your picture. That's where the mechanism tends to fail.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I always set all the rollers to high for cuts. That helped.

Is there any way you can panel the print? Honestly the largest sheet that we could reliably cut every time was about 1.2m.

how big are you making the marks? When you say fall short, do you mean it stops looking before getting to them? Or misses them via skew?

If it’s the first one, it’s likely that the crop marks may be too close to the edge of the sheet and that’s causing you issues (printer thinks the media ran out). When cutting, I always covered that little media sensor at the back left with a bit masking tape. Just remember to take it back off before printing or it won’t know when your roll has run out and you’ll get a pretty messy platen!

foremost

@iPrintStuff

Yes we found cut on high was the best as well as its far more accurate. Even though we print on normal.
Crop mark size wise is either 25mm or 35mm. All dependent on what the rasterlink plugin in recommends as we follow that.
Yes when i mean short from where the actual marker actually is. Finds marker 1 and 2. Shoots off to the back of the machine and thinks the marker is somewhere else about 2 - 4" shorter where the actual mark is. Our old gerber machine used to let us manually choose the marker but the Mimaki doesn't have this option.

Yeah media sensor is also covered too :) Found this out the hard way when the platen was a different colour after a print :/

foremost

Daft question, but does the resolution make a difference?

We had to have a new main board assy fitted as the last one blew (very unlucky as was right before lockdown). £1400 later and a engineer visit and back up and running but all the settings on the actual machine are defaulted to factory. So had to set things like heater. I've looked into the other settings for cutting but doesn't make sense nor does the manual help.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
No he means the lever when you drop/pull up the white one. Mines looks like this. The one attached to the roll holder should be at the back

CC79AB09-A168-4019-8740-39778E8AC25D.jpeg

AdamDG

Hey how did you make out??
Have had this issue for a long time, on various types of print & cuts, including small labels. And it will just get to a point even halfway across a row where it will find the 2 front then start for the first rear one and stop short, will skip that label and go to the next and same thing.
Almost like it things the media has run out but hasn't.
Would love to know if the lever solution solved the issue.

pinki

I can print & cutter easily updates to 4 / 5 m with great accuracy

The online thing that changed since an update, i can’t repeat a print & cut job. I used to make in rasterlink a page with xx decals and in the last step mark the quantity of how many sheets to print&cut . The first sheet is always fine. the rest prints fine but when cutter the machine gives an error on cutting marks every time. Have to manualy restart the cutting job for each page

Last edited: