• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV30-130 missing nozzles

oddbrawl

Sadly had a head strike and lost all cyan and magenta on the right side of test print.

After soaking the head for a few days now it has come back but only partially. Hard cleans, normal cleans and nozzle washes as well.

Attached pictures of some test prints, capping station and head.

I received very little training on this printer which I have been using for about a year now. This is one problem I haven't solved with a soak so I am using the internet and some trial and error.
I have also called Mimaki tech support and they said the dampers and capping station should be serviced every 18 months or so. I believe the machine was purchased in 2015 refurbished. The nearest tech is about 3 hours away. :(

I'm currently doing a discharge and wash to see if that helps.
ANY suggestions greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Testppprint2.jpg
    Testppprint2.jpg
    772.9 KB · Views: 1,321
  • capping-e.jpg
    capping-e.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 1,012
  • Head-e.jpg
    Head-e.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 1,189

ironchef

Yes, mine doesn't look as bad and I'm replacing mine next week

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

oddbrawl

Yes, mine doesn't look as bad and I'm replacing mine next week

Thanks I've also sent pictures to the tech to see what he says as well but it doesn't look like he is available until next week.

I'm open to any other suggestions that I can do to get any improvement.

ironchef

If you bought it from grimco, the techs will walk you thru it. That's why I love grimco. Best tech support ever!

ironchef

No, I bought mine when they did. But the techs still help me out

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah that capping station looks pretty bad. We sell the cap top and throw the slider in for free. The slider goes bad on older CJVs and causes the cap top to not seal up properly. Judging by the bottom of your head, the cap is slightly off alignment. We'll help you install over the phone as well!

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The head looks fine from what you can tell, correct?

It's hard to tell just by looking at it but there is no apparent damage. The rows of nozzles are easy to see which usually means the head is older but other than that it looks normal.

oddbrawl

It's hard to tell just by looking at it but there is no apparent damage. The rows of nozzles are easy to see which usually means the head is older but other than that it looks normal.
Thanks so much for replying. Greatly appreciated!

oddbrawl

UPDATE: New Cap improved things!

SKtjRrI.jpg

Still not at 100% though. Any other suggestions I could try? Maybe cap adjustments? (which I have never tried before)

oddbrawl

I did get two new dampers for the cyan and magenta would that help if I replaced them?
Should I try flushing cleaning solution through the head with a syringe?
Which should I try first?

Thanks for any suggestions!

DougWestwood

IMAG2335.jpg IMAG2336.jpg IMAG2337.jpg IMAG2338.jpg
Hi There,

That is BY FAR the filthiest printer I have ever seen in 12 years in the business. ALL that ink should be cleaned away, from every surface and corner, etc. That gummy ink will attract and drop dust and junk onto your prints. No wonder you are getting bummer prints and tests. Once ALL the slime has been cleaned off, like on the rubber gasket around the print head screen, then do a test print. That rubber gasket has to be clean or it will not seal/clean/print properly.

If that doesn't work, try going into MENU - MAINTENENCE, and do an INK FILL. This is supposed to force ink through all nozzles, and has brought back my Mimaki from much the same dropouts as yours. Good luck and please post results.
- Doug, Vancouver

DougWestwood

View attachment 130170 View attachment 130171 View attachment 130172 View attachment 130173
Hi There,

That is BY FAR the filthiest printer I have ever seen in 12 years in the business. ALL that ink should be cleaned away, from every surface and corner, etc. That gummy ink will attract and drop dust and junk onto your prints. No wonder you are getting bummer prints and tests. Once ALL the slime has been cleaned off, like on the rubber gasket around the print head screen, then do a test print. That rubber gasket has to be clean or it will not seal/clean/print properly.

If that doesn't work, try going into MENU - MAINTENENCE, and do an INK FILL. This is supposed to force ink through all nozzles, and has brought back my Mimaki from much the same dropouts as yours. Good luck and please post results.
- Doug, Vancouver

Attachments

• CleanYourMachine2.jpg
    CleanYourMachine2.jpg
    964.7 KB · Views: 929