• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130 not cutting where it's supposed to...

JudyMoody

So I'm making hard hat decals. They're printing beautifully. The machine switches to cut mode, reads the crop marks, then proceeds to cut all the decals out one cm too high and 1 cm too far to the left. Hmmm...

I've checked my pointer offset. It's fine. I'm using RasterLink Pro 5 SG, and up till yesterday afternoon everything was cutting exactly where it was supposed to. Then suddenly it wasn't.

Anybody else ran into this problem? I have no idea where to go with this one.

Thanks in advance!

121a

Yeah, I run into this with out machine as well. We have noticed that if the vinyl is every so slightly wrinkled that it does tend to cut off a bit. Things that I have done that seemed to have helped, I changed the cut level from normal to fine in the cut settings on the panel. And I also slowed it down to 15 for squares and circles and 10 for anything with jogs or intricate cuts. But nothing beats a good line up. A good technique is to place the laser on the horizontal crop mark line, then send it to the farthest one, if it is horribly off then you need to reset the media. Hope all this helps!

JudyMoody

Thanks for your reply! I wish it were that simple... the printer reads the registration marks then cuts CONSISTENTLY one cm up and one cm to the left of where it should be cutting. Unfortunately it's not an easy matter of misaligned or wrinkled media. There's some kind of glitch in the communication between my pc and the printer. No settings were changed on the printer or on my pc. When I cut without registration marks it works fine. But that doesn't help me much when I have to laminate a print and run it back through for cutting.

121a

Sorry to hear. I wish I knew more! There must be a setting somewhere either in RL or on the printer to adjust it. I would like to know if there is, but the manual says nothing about it.

Devo

Hi JudyMoody ... I am having a similar problem at the moment ... my CJV30 is about a month old. The cutting part won't (all of a sudden with no apparent reason) recognise the rego marks and errors out to Error 36C.

We are frantically getting our internet sorted near the machine in our tin shed so the technical support can hook up with Team Viewer and hopefully resolve the problem. They can't do that until Monday morning of course :)

Biggest problem for us though is we have vehicles turning up on Monday, we have printed the part wraps (outgassing now) and now we need to laminate them on Sunday and then cut them ready for Monday morning. And the place where I live is Friday night 9pm.

Any suggestions ? Did you resolve your issue ?

Kind Regards

Devo

Neil

Hi JudyMoody ... I am having a similar problem at the moment ... my CJV30 is about a month old. The cutting part won't (all of a sudden with no apparent reason) recognise the rego marks and errors out to Error 36C.

Devo

Devo, I get this whenever I forget to set an offset (say 5mm in the scan direction). The laser can't read the first mark coz it's too close.
This can be fixed by reloading the sheet or moving the first roller so there's a bit of a gap between the cutter head and the first mark.

And of course make sure it's loaded square to the reg marks.
Put a straightedge on the sheet along the reg marks and draw a couple of marks at the edges of the sheet, then line them up with the platen.

sha

Thanks for your reply! I wish it were that simple... the printer reads the registration marks then cuts CONSISTENTLY one cm up and one cm to the left of where it should be cutting. Unfortunately it's not an easy matter of misaligned or wrinkled media. There's some kind of glitch in the communication between my pc and the printer. No settings were changed on the printer or on my pc. When I cut without registration marks it works fine. But that doesn't help me much when I have to laminate a print and run it back through for cutting.

I had this problem... It comes from Finecut problem in Corel or Illustrator.
Which one you are using for sending print&cut files to Rasterlink?

Solution is easy: reinstall Corel or Illustrator and install FineCut again. Maybe can be fixed with just reinstalling Finecut or updating to newest version but I am not sure.

Good luck!

JudyMoody

My firmware is already updated to 3.1, I reinstalled RasterLink, Finecut and Coreldraw. And it's still doing the same thing. I've gone through all the calibration on the printer. I'm at my wits end with this thing! I miss my Roland...

JudyMoody

I don't understand what you mean about the blade holder being in the right spot... and I'm on CUT1.

The cut path is out exactly the same distance to the left and up as the length of the registration marks. If my marks are 10mm, then the cut is too high and too far to the left exactly 10mm. If my marks are 15mm, the cut is 15 mm out.

JudyMoody

Good grief. I upgraded from FineCut 7 to FineCut 8 and now it works fine. Apparently there's some sort of bug fix in the new version for this issue.