• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cjv30-130 printing slightly off..

jlalasvt

I have checked the artwork and it is straight in the AI file. Not sure what is going on. It used to be a couple here and there since I purchased the printer new. now it is about 30-40 out of a sheet of 100.. needless to say that is more than unacceptable.. Any Ideas? picture attached. Does not matter if it is on the take up reel either..

Attachments

• 20141226_042759.jpg
    20141226_042759.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 147

jlalasvt

Just tried it on uni directional instead of bi-directional.. same thing.. re ripped the program just to make sure and still.. I would call my Mimaki tech, But he is pretty lazy and replies with " I am not sure" rather often. It's almost a waste of time even contacting him

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the problem with the print is the slight step effect you are getting in the red line, it's most likely a spot on the encoder strop that is not being read by the sensor. Check the encoder strip for any ink or grease that may have splattered on to the strip and clean it gently with water or rubbing alcohol to clear that spot.

jlalasvt

If the problem with the print is the slight step effect you are getting in the red line, it's most likely a spot on the encoder strop that is not being read by the sensor. Check the encoder strip for any ink or grease that may have splattered on to the strip and clean it gently with water or rubbing alcohol to clear that spot.

Ok, I will check real quick, In the meantime. Why would it only be happening on this particular job??

jlalasvt

Cleaned the encoder strip. same issues. Randomly too. That is what doesn't make sense, Some are dead nuts and then in the same or next row. sporadically it will mess up. I think it is actually around 40% if not 50% My MIMAKI tech is on vacation until the 5th. I don't have that kind of time..