• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-130 smudging

zibby

PRINT.jpg

Can anyone help me with this issue. I already cleaned my print heads . What do I do now?
Any suggestions?

GTSTech_1

Use a flashlight to confirm you have removed any debris from the bottom of the print carriage, once you have confirmed and it still happens. I would suspect a bad black head, from the looks of the pic looks like overspray.

Just my .02

GTSTech_1

zibby

Use a flashlight to confirm you have removed any debris from the bottom of the print carriage, once you have confirmed and it still happens. I would suspect a bad black head, from the looks of the pic looks like overspray.
Just my .02

GTSTech_1

That happens only with black ink and only with small prints.
You're right it looks like black is over spraying. I'll double check for any more debris. All tho I've already cleaned it once
Is there anything else that I can do after I clean the head?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
A long nozzle soak might help some. Hard telling for sure. As GTS mentioned, the head might be starting to go out. Overspray and misting if often a sign of a head that is just worn out, but not always....