• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help mimaki cjv30-160 not reading ink

mimaki cjv30-160 not reading ink

• do i call a technitian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • do i fix it myself

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
i just picked up a mimaki cjv30-160 and seen it print and cut befor i bought it. in transport the ink end sensor lever broke so i replaced it. the light magenta is still not registering. anyone have a fix?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The ink level sensor also has a little button attached to it which actually senses if the cartridge is installed or not. If that isn't in the proper position it could mean the cartridge isn't pushing the button. That would be my first guess. If it were the chip reader you would be getting a "Wrong Cart" error.

The ink level sensor also has a little button attached to it which actually senses if the cartridge is installed or not. If that isn't in the proper position it could mean the cartridge isn't pushing the button. That would be my first guess. If it were the chip reader you would be getting a "Wrong Cart" error.

The switch was installed properly and I can see that the ink is pushing the sensor in. I am not getting a "wrong cart " error. I also cleaned the chip.