• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cjv30-160 print and cut problem!!!

Hogan

Hi guys!
I'm a newbee here. I found this forum when i googled for the problem that i am dealing with right now.
Long story short i'm working with a Mimaki cjv30-160 and yesterday i tried to print black text on a light blue vynil the problem is that text must be centered in cutted triangles. Everything ok with the print. The printer didn't found the registration marks to begin the cutting so I did a level adjust and the laser found the marks BUT when it starts the cutting it cuts 1cm to the left and 1cm over the registration marks. Is there any solution for my problem? PLease help!
THX in advance

P.S. Soon i will post at the welcome section.

Neil

Greetings to you in Gothenburg Sweden from South Australia!
I have the same machine.
Is this the first time trying to print/cut? If so you may need to go through the options to calibrate the print to cut and light pointer offset etc.

If you already have that set, then maybe it didn't read the marks properly?
Does it usually work okay with white vinyl?

What rip/program are you using?

Hogan

THX for the answer!
It's not the first time that i print and cut. And yes it works with white/transparent vynil. It also seems that the machine reads the marks like it should.
My rip program is RasterLink.
It's really weird ain't it???...

J Hill Designs

my guess is lack of contrast light blue vs black reg marks...use masking tape to tape over the reg marks and redraw them on the tape...or why can't you print the blue as well?

Hogan

THX again guys
@jhilldesigns
the client chose the particular blue vynil...
@Robert M
maybe this will fix the problem but i have to wait for the technician.

bmw_ante

Look in your Manual page 4.9

The mark MUST be printed in BLACK on WHITE background or else you will have trouble, Do as jhilldesigns suggested, hopefully that can work

Beavis

Are you just having this issue on black on blue?
TO me it sounds like your cut1 or which ever you are using the marks haven't been calibrated correctly.
Setup > Mark Detect > Offset Y and Offset X

tatuco

Difficulty

I am having problems with my Mimaki CJV30-130. I will print the image and it comes out perfect, but after I laminate it and send it back to cut its nearly impossible to align it so it reads all the marks and when it does the cut is displaced by a few millimeters. If the image is longer than 50 inches it will displace. Any help or tips are greatly appreciated. Below is an example of what I'm talking about. This was only a small displacement. I've had much worse.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mimaki picture.jpg
    Mimaki picture.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,350

docea marius

Liondor1969
I have the same problem,you are resolve this ? if you have resolve this problem,please help my with this information..haw ti resolve this..thanks