Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mimaki CJV30-160 stops for no apparent reason

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by yor, Jun 26, 2019.

1. yor

yor Member

Feb 15, 2017
    LAVAL
    During printing my Mamiki sometimes switches itself from Remote mode to Local and stops with a small beep without any digital warning. I manually put it back in Romote to continue printing.

It's new to me and it's quite embarrassing because sometimes I let it all alone printing at night..

Any idea to find out the reason will be very appreciated!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Tags:
  2. Alan Menhennet

Alan Menhennet Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Johannesburg
    I have had this same problem, but havent figured out what it could be. I figured it could be with the data cable, but not sure either

3. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I would update the firmware and software to make sure you are on current versions. Older versions had issues for sure.

4. yor

yor Member

Feb 15, 2017
    LAVAL
    Thank you.
    I think both are up to date, Mimaki - v.3.60 and RasterLink - v.5.16.
    The only thing I suspect is that the machine cartridges chips are getting dirty, as sometimes it stops printing because one of the cartridges looks empty but all I need to do in this case is to replace it.

5. Alan Menhennet

Alan Menhennet Member

Jul 8, 2018
    Johannesburg
    This actually makes sense

6. yor

yor Member

Feb 15, 2017
    LAVAL
    Yes, I will try to do it myself..

7. yor

yor Member

Feb 15, 2017
    LAVAL
    For those who are interested.. I think I found the reason for my problem.

I removed the cover and the cartridges and cleaned the eight contacts of the printer chips inside that are in contact with the eight chips of the cartridges. Since that time everything has returned to normal as before.