• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-160 stops for no apparent reason

yor

During printing my Mamiki sometimes switches itself from Remote mode to Local and stops with a small beep without any digital warning. I manually put it back in Romote to continue printing.

It's new to me and it's quite embarrassing because sometimes I let it all alone printing at night..

Any idea to find out the reason will be very appreciated!

Last edited:

Alan Menhennet

I have had this same problem, but havent figured out what it could be. I figured it could be with the data cable, but not sure either

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would update the firmware and software to make sure you are on current versions. Older versions had issues for sure.

yor

I would update the firmware and software to make sure you are on current versions. Older versions had issues for sure.

Thank you.
I think both are up to date, Mimaki - v.3.60 and RasterLink - v.5.16.
The only thing I suspect is that the machine cartridges chips are getting dirty, as sometimes it stops printing because one of the cartridges looks empty but all I need to do in this case is to replace it.

Alan Menhennet

Thank you.
I think both are up to date, Mimaki - v.3.60 and RasterLink - v.5.16.
The only thing I suspect is that the machine cartridges chips are getting dirty, as sometimes it stops printing because one of the cartridges looks empty but all I need to do in this case is to replace it.
This actually makes sense

yor

For those who are interested.. I think I found the reason for my problem.

I removed the cover and the cartridges and cleaned the eight contacts of the printer chips inside that are in contact with the eight chips of the cartridges. Since that time everything has returned to normal as before.