• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV30-160 - won't stay in remote mode after a print

JayVal

I use to be able to queue up jobs one after another and walk away and the Mimaki CJV30-160 printer would print them all one after another.

I came back to work after a weekend and I don't know if someone else was playing around with settings or not, but after I print a job the printer will go back into Local Mode and I'll have to manually change it back into Remote Mode for it to print the next job.

I never had to do that previously, and I don't know enough about this machine to look where the settings for this would be. Anyone able to point me in a direction to remedy this? This is slowing down my production quite a bit if I forget to go check on it after it prints something. H-E-L-P!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would start by making sure your Rasterlink software is up to date and also the USB driver. Those two things get updated regularly and if they get out of date can conflict with each other.

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
Had an old Mimaki UV printer that would do this among other annoying things if the ink was out of date. And the further out of date they get the more annoying stuff will occur.

JayVal

I would start by making sure your Rasterlink software is up to date and also the USB driver. Those two things get updated regularly and if they get out of date can conflict with each other.
We have recently done this, but I will definitely check again.

Had an old Mimaki UV printer that would do this among other annoying things if the ink was out of date. And the further out of date they get the more annoying stuff will occur.
Aaaaaaand, now that you've mentioned this, the machine has been asking me if I want to extend the expiry date on one of the ink cartridges that are almost empty. I will see if this fixes my issue once I switch those ink cartridges out.